Introduction to TOEFL in Vasai
Test Of English As A Foreign Language – TOEFL is a highly standardized test which measures the ability of the English Language of the non-native speakers who are wishing to take admission in the English speaking Universities. TOEFL test is accepted by many English speaking academic Universities as well as by the professional institutions. TOEFL is one of the major English language test in the world. The TOEFL test basically analysis your English ability in terms of reading, speaking, listening and writing. These are all skills which will are generally needed to carry out your academic studies and the test is used by institutions to ensure students are able to proceed and succeed in their chosen course in a country where the entire syllabus is taught in English.
What is iBT?
INTERNET TEST (TOEFL iBT)
- A reading section of 60-100 minutes which includes reading 3-5 passages, containing 12-14 question in each passage.
- A listening section of about 60-90 minutes which includes 6-9 passages, containing 5-6 questions in each passage.
- A speaking section of about 20 minutes and includes 6 tasks.
- A writing section of about 50 minutes and includes 2 tasks that needs to be completed.
What is PBT?
PAPER BASED TEST (TOEFL PBT)
- A listening section of about 30-40 minutes consists of 3 parts.
- A structure and written expression section of about 25 minutes which includes 15 exercises of sentence completion and 25 examples for error identification.
- A reading section of about 50 minutes and includes answering 50 questions regarding the passages.
- A writing section of about 30 minutes, which includes one written essay of 250-300 words.
What is the cost of TOEFL exam?
The cost for TOEFL test generally varies between different countries, ranging from US$160 to US$250. It is important to see this as an investment rather than a cost, because if you achieve a good score in TOEFL it will help you to progress in your course and once you graduate it will definitely improve your job status too.
Does TOEFL provide scholarship?
Many schools & organizations won't give you a scholarship based on TOEFL scores alone. You need to have a score of other exams too if you are looking for a scholarship. This is because TOEFL in Vasai is a test of English language, except you plan on studying English and you on 99th percentile then you need other tests to show your proficiency in your field of study.
Can I take TOEFL twice?
Yes! It is possible to retake the TOEFL in Vasai, and most of the people take the exam more than 1 time to get a good score in TOEFL exam. According to the TOEFL retest policy, you can take the TOEFL as many times as you want, but there must be at least 12 days between each of your test dates.
Is TOEFL easy?
TOEFL exam is easy but reading is slightly more difficult than the average written English text, because the reading section uses more of an academic vocabulary. But this sense of “difficulty” depends on your level of English that you know.
Is IELTS better or TOEFL?
The TOEFL is more commonly accepted by most of the American institutions, while the IELTS is more commonly accepted overseas, but many schools accept scores from any of these two exams. Generally speaking, the majority of United States schools surveyed stated they prefer TOEFL scores over scores of other English-language tests.
How many times can you take TOEFL?
The TOEFL test has almost 50 test dates per year at authorized test centers around the world. You can retake the test as many times as you want to, but you cannot take it more than once in a 3-day period.