Introduction to TOEFL in Navi-Mumbai
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) measures the ability of the English language of the non-native speakers to use and understand North American English as it is spoken, written and heard in college and university settings. Most people who take the TOEFL test are planning to study at colleges and universities where English is the main language. In addition, many government agencies, scholarship programs, and licensing/certification agencies use TOEFL scores to determine the English proficiency.
Who accepts the TOEFL score?
TOEFL is accepted by 130 countries which cover the educational institutes as well as the government agencies. Once you receive the result your TOEFL score is valid for the next 2 years after the 2 years they are no longer recorded so it’s better you apply to the institutes after you get your results.
What is iBT TOEFL?
INTERNET TEST (TOEFL iBT)
- A reading section of 60-100 minutes which includes reading 3-5 passages, containing 12-14 question in each passage.
- A listening section of about 60-90 minutes which includes 6-9 passages, containing 5-6 questions in each passage.
- A speaking section of about 20 minutes and includes 6 tasks.
- A writing section of about 50 minutes and includes 2 tasks that needs to be completed.
What is PBT TOEFL?
PAPER BASED TEST (TOEFL PBT)
- A listening section of about 30-40 minutes consists of 3 parts.
- A structure and written expression section of about 25 minutes which includes 15 exercises of sentence completion and 25 examples for error identification.
- A reading section of about 50 minutes and includes answering 50 questions regarding the passages.
- A writing section of about 30 minutes, which includes one written essay of 250-300 words.
What is TOEFL used for?
The TOEFL (“Test of English as a Foreign Language”) is a standardized test that measures the proficiency of the English language of the candidate. TOEFL scores are generally used by universities as part of the admissions process. Typically, those who to give the TOEFL test want to study abroad.
Can I take TOEFL twice?
Yes! It is possible to retake the TOEFL in Navi-Mumbai, and most of the people take the exam more than 1 time to get a good score in TOEFL exam. According to the TOEFL retest policy, you can take the TOEFL as many times as you want, but there must be at least 12 days between each of your test dates.
Does TOEFL offer scholarship?
Many schools & organizations won't give you a scholarship based on TOEFL scores alone. You need to have a score of other exams too if you are looking for a scholarship. This is because TOEFL is a test of English language, except you plan on studying English and you on 99th percentile then you need other tests to show your proficiency in your field of study.
Is 100 TOEFL score easy?
Scoring 100 in TOEFL is fairly competitive. According to English-language ability, score 100 indicates that you are great, though not perfect at English. According to ETS, scoring around 25 on Reading, Listening, and Writing sections you are in the highest ranges of level up or good.
Is TOEFL equivalent to IELTS?
The TOEFL in Navi-Mumbai, however, is entirely multiple choice, while the IELTS has a mix of short answers and essay questions. The TOEFL is available as a paper-based test, but the internet-based test is more popular than the paper-based test. The IELTS exam is also available as a paper-based test and computer based test.
Does TOEFL score affect admission?
You have to understand the fact that TOEFL in Navi-Mumbai is an English proficiency test and it will not affect your admission chances in any way to the universities. Though TOEFL does not affect your admission result, it might affect your chances to get in for assistantship.